Featured Post

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! BROWSE MORTIFEROUS ARCADIA NOW!!!

  NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED!  Go to the website here. BROWSE MORTIFEROUS ARCADIA NOW!!! We've finally done it, my friends! We finally have a...

Thursday 21 February 2019

Meet the Mascots

One is a murderous, cynical, alcoholic and vulgar sociopath, the other is an optimistic, overly friendly, fun loving superhero. 

They are our mascots and represent both sides of Mortiferous Arcadia and we're so proud.


Jaya Choppra
Rufus



Jaya: I'm doing this under protest.

Rufus: I thought you wanted this. In fact you forced the author at gunpoint to give you this gig.

Jaya: Yeah, that was before I was told to fight that feathered psychopath. 

Rufus: That was the deal.

Jaya: It made sense, before I became a limb donor!

Rufus(gives reassuring smile): Come now, you really don't look that bad.

Jaya(points at metallic arm): He cut off my arm.

Rufus: You were ambidextrous and still are.

Jaya(points at eye patch, with gritted teeth): He gouged out my eye...

Rufus(nervously): W-well...

Jaya: ...then held a mirror in front of me and forced me to stitch my own eyelids shut... With. One. Hand.

Rufus(quietly): W-well... at least... you're alive.

Jaya(gives him incredulous look): ... You call being sent into inarticulate fits of fury at the sight of my own reflection... living?

Rufus: I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, I-

Jaya: And yet, I feel offended.

Rufus: I was... trying to cheer you up. Make you see the bright side of things.

Jaya: ... ^@({ you.

Rufus(frowning): Come on now. There's no need for that kind of language.

Jaya: ^@({ the bright side!

Rufus(slants eyes): Really?

Jaya: ^@({ THE ^@({ING SILVER LINING! YOU CAN ALL GO...

Master Voluminous: If it makes you feel any better, you'll have your chance at revenge, when you make your return to the Vatour Series. The author figure he could use a few recurring antagonists

Jaya: ^@({ing great! Until then I'll use my time preparing for the day I track that bastard down...

Rufus: Jaya...

Jaya: Then I torture the psychopath within an inch of his life...

Rufus: Jaya...

Jaya: Then I'll set his not-quite-dead carcass on fire...

Rufus: Jaya...

Jaya: AND USE HIS ASHES AS BATH SALT!!!

Rufus: Jaya...

Jaya: WHAT?!

Rufus: Aren't you curious how a story where the "hero" has no moral compass, therefore no qualms about killing,  can have recurring antagonists?

Jaya: ... He didn't kill me, though.

Rufus: That's, because those people who support him, or at least tolerate his presence, begged him not to.

Jaya: ... I ^@({ing hate you. I hate all of you.

(Jaya storms off in a huff)

Rufus(turns to the reader): Don't worry she doesn't mean that.

Jaya: Yes I do.


Let's wish them both luck. 'Till next time valued readers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment