Beyond The Firmament
Tales From The Cosmos
45. Audience
- Written by Gift C Enyadike Jr
Diohlatas stood before the throne of Da Vaada. The archangels, Laam and Huun, were there. All the living Jarwa were there. The Titaness, Fari, was there. Da Suun... was not.
They shielded their eyes, as they had always done. As they could only do.
"What have you to say?" asked Da Vaada.
"What have YOU to say?!" the arbiter challenged, stunning and angering those who were present, though they did not speak.
Diohlatas continued his accusation, "You allowed it! You allowed them to kill Him! You allowed the Evil One's victory!"
"Victory? Is that what you saw?"
"What else could it have been? He is not here with You!"
"You have lost your sight."
"As the Adversary does, you even speak!"
The archangels grew angry, but they were like embers before a great inferno.
"Were you not witness to the flood? Were you not witness to Babel? To Sodom and Gomorrah? Did I not send you to take the firstborn sons of Egypt? Were you not among those present whom I sent into Jericho? Into Philistia? Did I not give the child of Heat and Light to you? Do you not know me?"
"I do."
"Yet you accuse me? As you would accuse the Fallen?"
"You let Him die! Why?"
"You were witness to the Fall. You know why."
"The mortals? The humans?"
"My children were lost to me. I promised them a path back."
"Your children, they are not! Imitations, they are! Unworthy imitations!"
"Do you decide or I?"
Diohlatas did not answer. Instead, he left. Laam pursued.
"Let me!" called the Titaness, "I will bring the Avenger back! Father?"
"Go."
And so she pursued.
As she exited the gates of Udamu, she caught sight of a single, lone soul. It was a man, one of the two who were executed alongside Da Suun.
"Why him and not the Son?" she asked.
As she descended from on high, she caught sight of Sevaasi and the great rage that had once defined her returned. With a mighty roar, she lunged at Moyon, but the wings of her guardian blocked him from sight.
"Stay your hand, White!" Diohlatas commanded.
"Avenger? What are you doing? We must return."
"Be quiet!"
She obeyed, and his eyes left her to gaze upon their enemy for whom he had a single word.
"Speak."

No comments:
Post a Comment