Thursday, 1 October 2026

51. The Depths | Beyond the Firmament: Tales From the Cosmos

Beyond The Firmament

Tales From The Cosmos


51. The Depths

- Written by Gift C Enyadike Jr

My acolytes, do you remember the misconceptions of Pla'daali (Hell) we discussed? Of a place of fire or a place of eternal darkness? The Depths, where the Puraserpa sleeps, embody the latter. 

Hasira grew fearful because the creature craved her essence above all, but it would remain still so long as Da Suun was present. 

Above its immeasurable jaws circled the Arbiter. His great wings had become long and string-like, thrashing about like tentacles of a sea creature, though his avian fascimiles remained, and his eyes, the ones he had left, remained closed.  

Da Suun approached, and the Arbiter turned away.

"Why do you look away? Will you not return with me?"

"You are dead."

"Yet, I stand before you. More alive than ever before."

"With your image ruined. All for them." 

Hasira then spoke.

"Avenger, please! We must go back. We must atone."

"For what should I atone? I have served my purpose."

"And what purpose is that?" Asked Da Suun.

"JUSTICE! My reason for being, it is."

"Then tell me the sins of the peoples you destroyed. Every last one."

"They will never commit any. Made sure of that, I have. The rest will pay for theirs."

"So you did unto them, what was done unto me?"

"What was done unto you was permitted by your Father! A victory for the Evil One. To allow the very creatures who destroyed you into Heaven free of charge! Abide by that, I will not!"

"Of many eyes and no sight. There is no man on Earth who reaches the Father but through me. The belief and acceptance of this was the price for my sacrifice. Those I never knew are lost. Do I not know you?"

"... Tell me. Took the sins of humanity, you did?"

"I did."

"And the wages of sin is death. Is it not?"

"It is."

"So... you are dead... and guilty... and you stand before me."

At once, the Arbiter's many hidden blades that now resembled the talons came forth, and he lunged at Da Suun, who served Da Vaada. Da Suun who IS Da Vaada. He was intercepted by the Titaness.

"ARE YOU MAD?!"

"Out of my way, abomination!"

It was at this moment that the embers within the Titaness became a great flame. She was, once again, Fari Hasira.

"BURN!"

She forced Diohlatas back, prompting him to flee as any Paadlan. And just like with any Paadlan, she gave chase. 

The Puraserpa began uncoiling itself in preparation for pursuit.

"Sleep," commanded Da Suun.

And so it did as He watched the two of them and felt a great sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment