Thursday, 8 October 2026

53. Judgement | Beyond the Firmament: Tales From the Cosmos

Beyond The Firmament

Tales From The Cosmos


53. Judgement

- Written by Gift C Enyadike Jr

Fari Hasira, her form wounded, brought the diminished form of Diohlatas before the throne of Da Vaada, with Da Suun, once again, sitting at the right hand. They both knelt, though the Arbiter had to be forced. The Archangels, the Jarwa and all the hosts gathered in rings and layers, a tide of light that shielded the lesser things from the sight of the Highest. 

As he had always done, Da Vaada asked, "What have you to say?"

The Titaness spoke first, "I was born in conspiracy, the final secret child of Heat and Light, who birthed all the stars and all the hosts gathered here today. My existence is why they are no longer personified. They were the first to die by my hands, and now many more, who were given license to live, suffered the same. And by your grace, they are among those present.

"I am a creature of violence and destruction. I do not know how to create. I do not know even how to repair. I was unworthy, but you raised me and brought me into your house. You accepted me, and I repaid you with betrayal, with weakness of faith and spirit. I am unworthy, and yet still I ask for forgiveness. Let me atone. Let me make right with those I have wronged. Let me be disciplined, however harshly.

"Take everything from me, but allow me to continue my service!"

At first, Da Vaada did not speak. He then raised his hand and commanded her to stand, which she did with haste.

"You will continue to serve. You will serve the Princes, old and new. You will guard each of their worlds. You will walk among their peoples. Live and die as they do. The wounds in your essence will be your mark of recognition by those who know. This includes the Earth, which I have given over to the Adversary until the day of ultimate victory. After having experienced life, you will have learnt to create and repair."

"Yes, Father. Thank you."

He then looked upon the Arbiter and repeated, "What have you to say?"

"Nothing.

"Nothing?"

"If I am to be judged, and the Evil One rewarded, then I will say nothing."

"YOU are the Evil One. Carved from the very same stone called Pride, which has caused you to sink, to fall into darkness. You will join him when his day comes, but until then, you will wait, and you will watch."

He looked to the Titaness and gave her the command, "Take him."

At once, she took Diohlatas from Udamu to the entrance of Kurisstac, near what had once been the Chiliad Front in which they were confined for a thousand years. The Chiliad itself could be heard from within the pit, screaming with agonised rage as it sensed her presence. 

The laughter of the trickster, Grubass, could be heard. As could the desperate cries of Soragna, who tried in vain to awaken her baby. A baby that would kill our reality with its presence if it were not so repulsed by the image of its mother that sleep was its only escape.

As they both stared inside, she gave her former guardian some parting words.

"I loved you, Avenger. I truly did."

He did not answer at first. In truth, he loved her as well. Accepting her into the ranks of the hosts was Da Vaada's will. His command. But embracing, as Diohlatas had done. That was a choice he made. When he did speak, it was but a single word.

"Goodbye."

And then she threw him into Kurisstac, where to this day, he sits in bitter contemplation. His name was never changed, as he would answer to no other.

As for the Titaness? Her essence was broken into pieces, one for each Jarwa, existing and aspiring to be taken back to their worlds and serve Da Vaada through them. One of these pieces found itself on Teyra, somewhere on the landmass that you call Africa, often cited as the birthplace of humanity. The tribe, nation, even the region are a secret guarded even from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment