Thursday, 24 September 2026

49. Unworthy | Beyond the Firmament: Tales From the Cosmos

Beyond The Firmament

Tales From The Cosmos


49. Unworthy

- Written by Gift C Enyadike Jr

How to describe the Titaness in the clutches of the Archangels, Huun and Laam? 

There are some who would liken her to a rabid dog in chains. I would not. She violently struggled, thrashing about and even biting. It was all in vain. She was utterly helpless in their grasp as they brought her before the throne.

It was there that she finally saw Him. Sitting at the right hand. Shining brighter than before. Da Suun who served Da Vaada. Da Suun, who is Da Vaada. The image of his brutal death at the hands of men that had been circling her mind vanished the instant she saw his face. And she wept. She wept while remembering the screams of the nascent lifeforms who would never be by her hand. She wept at her own foolishness. Her own weakness.  

It was Da Suun who spoke. A new authority that even he had never been afforded before now.

"What have you to say?"

"... unworthy..."

"Is that all?" 

"I am unworthy... Cast me out. So that you may never look upon me again. I AM UNWORTHY!"

"Why?"

"I am an aberration! I was not permitted life, and now I have taken from those who were. Cast me out, I am unworthy!"

"And what of your promise?"

"My... promise?"

"You made a promise to my Father. Have you forgotten?

"No... I have not, but..."

"Then you will fulfil it."

"I am too weak... I cannot do it alone."

"Then I will go with you."

"But I am unworthy."

He was already walking past her, "Let's go."

"Yes... my Lord."

They left Udamu and fell into the depths together in search of Diohlatas.

No comments:

Post a Comment