Beyond The Firmament
Tales From The Cosmos
43. Of Many Eyes
- Written by Gift C Enyadike Jr
When the stars awoke, Diohlatas, having left the Chiliad front, could finally see again, with the eyes he had left, for he had lost so many, yet had many still. He could see his superiors, the archangels Huun and Laam, pacify Puraserpa and route the Oztāpo. He could see, as his ward, the Titaness, now simply known as Fari (White), casting Yenaati into Kurisstac.
Once again, Moyon's machinations had failed, as they always do, eventually.
"All of this for them. The mortals."
The arbiter's eyes fell upon him for the first time in ages and filled with contempt.
Sevaasi simply laughed, "Be not afraid, old friend."
"Friend, you are not. Afraid, I am not."
"But you were, were you not? Why else would you seek to escape my creation-"
"Abomination."
"You left."
"I was told to."
"Are you under her command or is she under yours?"
"We are both under the Father's command."
"So, is the Great Mouth. Yet, he did not command it as he did before. Or was that the Son? I forget which is which."
"The Son is the Father."
"And where is He?"
"Where else but WITH the Father?"
"Then why send them?"
He was referring to the archangels.
Diohlatas grew proud, "They serve to prove YOUR folly."
"But where is the Son?"
"Impatient, I grow. I have told you."
"You are wrong."
"What lies are you spewing, Evil One?"
"You of many eyes and no sight. Shall I call you, 'Blind One'?"
"See into the highest halls, I can."
"And you will not see Him."
"Lies."
"Look and tell me."
The Arbiter did so, if only to prove Sevaasi wrong.
He was not.
"Do you see Him?"
"How can this be? He has always been with Him"
"You fought the Chiliad too long, old friend. There is MUCH you have not seen."
"Explain, Evil One."
"Why not do as you have just done? Set your gaze upon the Earth."
"What have you done?"
"It is the Father's doing. Not mine."
"TELL ME, NOW!"
"I am showing you, Blind One."
"Then... I will see."
Oh, he did see.
And what he saw would change him forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment